Overview of Events -- Choices and Activities
Large numbers of upcoming events are displayed on multiple pages. Scroll to the bottom of each page to see if there are NEXT and PREVIOUS pages with more events. Use Next Month
and Previous Month
to skip forward and backward, including past archived events.
- Transition Events -- When creators of events enter their events, they are prompted to enter an event type. Popular event types are "transition", "training", "permaculture". Users may enter any tag they prefer.
- All Events -- All events on the Transition Calendar. If you don't see your event, use the Calendars to choose the day of the month. Use Search Events to look for keywords. Scroll to the bottom of the list and go to another page. Use Sort by Type below if it's a "conference", or "film", or "workgroup".
- Training Events -- Where is the next training event in your area? Events tagged "training" provide a list of training activities.
- Permaculture Events -- Events focusing on gardening, food production, and other related categories.
- My Events -- List of events you have subscribed to.
- Featured Events -- Events that deserve special attention for their wide applicability to Transition communities. Feel free to nominate your event for special attention, giving a brief explanation why you consider it deserving special attention.
- Sort by Type of Event -- Popular event types are "transition", "training", "permaculture", "films", "discussions", "initiating group" -- Categories are created by event creators.
- Ask Les -- if you have additional questions about any of these menus.
Use the pulldown tabs to go directly to your choices, bypassing this page when you are familiar with the purpose of each choice. When introducing newcomers to the way this site works, be sure to start with these explanations.
Best Uses of Events
Additional Help on Events from Ning
Reply to This
- RSVP in advance of the meeting -- Attending, Undecided, Not Attending
- Change your mind -- and let everybody know by changing your RSVP.
- Post questions about the event in advance -- particularly if you cannot attend and you would like to make a request of those who do attend.
- Help determine the agenda for the event -- record a Comment on the event. Ask a question. Suggest a resource that might interest event participants
- Photograph and upload photos -- 5 photos are worth 5000 words!
- Take notes during the meeting and paste them into the event as meeting minutes.
- Print out full copy of the event for paper archives.
You are invited to help the help be helpful. Using Reply to This
below, record your comments, questions and suggestions for improving this online help. Over time, your suggestions will be incorporated into the descriptions above.