Founded in 1980 the mission of the Schumacher Society is to promote the building of strong local economies that link people, land, and community. To accomplish this we develop model programs, including local currencies, community land trusts, and micro-lending; host lectures and other educational events; publish papers; and maintain a library to engage scholars and inspire citizen-activists.
For further information on...
Local Currencies www.BerkShares.org
Community Land Trusts www.clandtrust.org
Including Richard Heinberg's "Fifty Million Farmers"
"Kickstart" template to assist in building E. F. SCHUMACHER SOCIETY/TRANSITION.
Use Comment Wall below to volunteer to help build this relationship.
INTRODUCTION TO TRANSITION E. F. SCHUMACHER SOCIETY
PRIMARY AREAS OF INTEREST AT E. F. SCHUMACHER SOCIETY
TRANSITION E. F. SCHUMACHER SOCIETY RELATIONSHIP TO TRANSITION MOVEMENT
- Resource Sharing?
- Community Building?
- Neighbor Networking?
- Building & Supporting Local Economies & Local Curency?
- Barter/Trade Networks?
- Local Food Production?
- Reduced Energy Use?
- Weaning Off Fossil Fuel Dependence?
TRANSITION E. F. SCHUMACHER SOCIETY ON THE INTERNET
- Supports the Transition Movement in several ways...
- Seeks to deepen the relationship by...
TRANSITION E. F. SCHUMACHER SOCIETY CHALLENGES AND FUTURE DIRECTIONS
- Newcomers to Transition
- Yahoo or Google Group mail lists?
- Youtube videos?
- Google searches?
- Independent groups related to TRANSITION E. F. SCHUMACHER SOCIETY.
- More pertinent resources, partners, opportunities to engage.
- Current Needs involving Transition Social Network
- Current Offers to the Transition Social Network