Transition Convergence - it's on again! 29th October South Melbourne
Join us at the South East Australian
Transition Convergence 2011
Sat 29th October, South Melbourne
We invite you to join us for a day-long convergence of Transition groups from all around South Eastern Australia. The day will offer a semi-structured space for us to connect with other Transitioners, share our experiences, explore how the network can better support Transition Initiatives, and celebrate all that we have already achieved.
Those who attended the 2010 convergence found it enjoyable and energising - be there for 2011.
- Saturday 29th October 9.30am arrival for a 10am prompt start, going till 5pm.
- South Melbourne Commons (corner Bank and Montague Streets, South Melbourne - click here for map). A short tram ride from Southern Cross train station.
- Anyone actively engaging with Transition in South East Australia
- All our Transition groups have been taking inspiring steps, both small and large, in our regions. We would love to hear a very short spiel from each initiative about something they are proud to have achieved in the last year and want to share and celebrate with us. We ask that each group prepare and present a short 2 minute spiel (yes, this is very brief, but there's a lot of us now!). We also welcome pictures and more detailed stories to paste up on the Transition Story Wall on the day.
- a donation to cover costs please (approx $5 per person), and if you are from Melbourne please bring food to share for a potluck lunch. We are not asking country Transitioners to bring food as they have to cover travel expenses. We hope this evens out.
Please RSVP as soon as possible so we have an idea of numbers, to Jan: email@example.com or phone Jan on 03 9723 1011.
Let us know which Transition Initiative you are from.
We will be sending out a schedule for the day and public transport directions to the venue closer to the date. Please get in touch if you are able to help in the lead up or on the day itself.
- If you are coming from outside Melbourne and need billeting, or if you can offer billeting... or if you have any further questions please get in touch.
Please forward this to your group and we look forward to meeting as many of you as possible!
Mary (Transition Banyule), Jan (Transition Town Maroondah), Ben (Transition Whitehorse), Peter (Transition Whitehorse)